We are The Innovation in Politics Institute, an international, non-partisan organisation that identifies, develops and applies innovations in politics – with the aim of strengthening democracy in Europe. To that end, we are working with clients in the political, public and private sphere. We have offices in Vienna and Berlin, with partner offices in 13 other countries.
We are currently looking for an Office Manager for 20 hours a week for our office in Berlin, in close cooperation with the Berlin office’s Managing Director and the Institute’s Head of Office Manager in Vienna.
You are in charge of the administrative management of the Berlin office – including contracts, accounting, bookkeeping preparation, personnel administration, office management and logistics, budget controlling and planning, based on the Institute’s objectives and key results (OKRs). You report directly to the Managing Directors of both the Institute and its German branch.
Your main tasks/duties and responsibilities include
- Office management
- Ensuring high quality business activities with maximum quality, service and profitability for the Berlin office
- Responsibility for performing all duties in compliance with related legal/statutory, regulations, professional duties, responsibilities and obligations in Germany
- Negotiating and contracting with local external providers
- Coordinate with the IT team, including safety and security
- Provisioning and office supplies
- Supporting Managing Director of our German branch in budgeting process
- Ensuring the implementation of our Institute-wide finance controlling system
- Accounting and bookkeeping preparation for our German branch
- Bank, insurance and tax related tasks for Germany
- Reporting system (implementation support and monitoring) for Germany
- Responsibly using resources and control expenses
- Personnel management
- Recruiting new talent and retaining team members, on- and offboarding
- Close coordination with workers’ council to implement Institute-wide standards
- Support the team in Germany regarding team activities, retreats and meetings
You have interfaces to the following department
- Head Office Management & Human Resources
From time to time you may be expected to travel, and to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
Essential abilities/ competencies of this job role
- A minimum of 2 years of practical experience in related organisations/fields
- Fluent in English and German
- Hands-on mentality and problem solving skills
- Service orientation and team spirit
- Exemplary work ethics and habits and personal character
- Ability to use software for project management, customer relationship management, accounting and billing, time management, contract management etc.
- good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
Ideally, you also have
- Proficiency in other European languages
- a great role in a growing organisation working to change politics and society for the better
- A supporting team
- Part-time position (20h/week), starting from January 2024
- a yearly career development budget for each employee to learn new skills
- a nice office, regular team events, and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- 25 days of annual leave and 2 days per year for volunteering projects
We offer an annual gross salary of EUR 25,000 for this role (for 20h/week, readiness for overpayment with corresponding qualifications) for applicants based in or near Berlin.
The Innovation in Politics Institute is an equitable opportunity employer. We believe that having in-house employees from a diverse range of backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission of making political innovation accessible for all. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of background. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified persons, in particular people of colour, refugees, women, non-binary persons, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities, and other members of underrepresented and marginalised groups.
Please send your application via email to Ms Birgit Führer at firstname.lastname@example.org until 15 December 2023.