Part-time, Berlin or Brussels (remote-friendly)
PartyParty aims to become the top European source for political professionals, vital for those working in politics, parties, and election campaigns. We tell the stories from the perspective of the people inside the machine rooms of politics – non-partisan, practical, and across borders. PartyParty provides the feeling of sitting in the campaign room with expert campaigners and political professionals. Our content provides lessons to help professionals develop their political careers with a fun and personal type of reporting. Our weekly newsletter provides to-the-point articles and useful links to help political professionals and their parties improve democratic politics.
We’re on the lookout for a dynamic editor to spearhead our coverage on the integration of technology in political domains.
The role would suit an ambitious and imaginative journalist who relishes party politics and who is keen to stand out. It requires strong editorial skills and an entrepreneurial attitude.
This is a remote-friendly role based in Berlin or Brussels. Occasional travel will be required.
- Lead PartyParty’s coverage of political tech, emphasising its role in political parties
- Lead the inception and management of a weekly tech column, potentially advancing to a dedicated tech section on our website and a complimentary newsletter
- Closely work with the Editor-in-Chief and the News Editor to deliver top-tier content to our readers
What We Seek:
- At least 2 years experience in journalism
- Strong track record of sharp editing and excellent news judgement
- A passion for politics and tech
- Established connections within pro-democratic parties and political tech service providers
- Strong attention to detail, with a fearless approach to in-depth coverage
- Fluent in English; knowledge of other European languages is a plus
- Ability to produce quality content in a fast-paced environment
What’s in it For You:
- Hybrid work schedule, and a supportive team
- Part-time (10-15h/week), starting a.s.a.p.
- Remuneration based on published articles (expect 3-4/ month)
- Place of work: Berlin, Brussels, remote-friendly
Our Commitment to Diversity
It is PartyParty’s policy to establish a gender-balanced newsroom. We therefore encourage especially female and non-binary journalists to submit their applications.
PartyParty is powered by The Innovation in Politics Institute.
Please send your application, including your CV, cover letter, relevant samples of your work and your desired remuneration, by 20 November 2023 via e-mail to Marie Wutzler: firstname.lastname@example.org.