An exciting role for an ambitious event and product developer to take the lead in organising the first summit on party assistance in Europe and develop event-related products for PartyParty.
We are The Innovation in Politics Institute, an international non-partisan organisation that aims to strengthen democracy in Europe. To that end, we are building a community of the brightest minds in politics, from all democratic parties and on all levels of governance. Based in Vienna and Berlin, we have partners in over 15 European countries.
PartyParty is a key dimension of the Institute’s work. It is a media start-up that is becoming the go-to source for political professionals across Europe – providing actionable intelligence for those working in politics, parties and election campaigns. We tell the stories from the perspective of the people inside the machine rooms of politics, in a non-partisan, practical and cross-border way, identifying best practices through entertaining and engaging articles. Our main product at the moment is a weekly newsletter, with more to come.
After successfully setting up our operation, we aim to scale up. We are planning the first-ever PartyParty Summit to bring together key stakeholders working on party assistance.
This is a remote-friendly part-time role of 20 hours/ week (flexibility before/ during events needed) with the option to increase hours in 2024. Our office is based in Berlin. Occasional travel will be required.
Your main tasks/duties and responsibilities include:
- Organise the PartyParty Summit 2024
- Develop products and formats to accompany the event
- Coordinate marketing strategy
- Support with fundraising
- Map and approach potential partners and supporters
- Co-develop the programme
- Coordinate communication with relevant stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for designing interactive and enriching event formats, from small groups to 500 participants
- Experience working with stakeholders from the public, private and third sector
- Experience managing budget
- Experience developing (digital) products
- Good understanding of politics and political parties in Europe
- A Service-oriented mindset
- A results-driven approach
- Great people skills
- Strong attention to detail
- English native or equivalent language skills
- Proficiency in other European languages
- Ability to work at a speed
- A great team
- Personnel development opportunities
- A salary of €24,000 gross per annum (20h/ week) plus benefits
- Office space in the centre of Berlin
- Team events
PartyParty’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Please send your application, including your CV, cover letter, relevant samples of your work and your desired remuneration, by 10 September 2023 via e-mail to Marie Wutzler: firstname.lastname@example.org