Part-time to full-time, hybrid
An exciting opportunity for a digital and social media native with a passion for democracy.
ECoD gemeinnützige GmbH (ECoD NPO) was founded in 2021 by The Innovation in Politics Institute GmbH, an independent and non-partisan organisation that identifies, develops and implements innovations in the private and public sector in order to strengthen democracy in Europe.
As a non-profit organisation, ECoD NPO’s mission is to promote democratic governance and to strengthen social cohesion by fostering and expanding participation and awareness across the Council of Europe member states.
For this purpose, a European Capital of Democracy is designated every year. In cooperation with civil society and citizens, the title-holding city organises, and implements a Programme Year, featuring a wide range of activities and events. Visitors from all over Europe are invited to join and to participate.
Our growing team is working on many thriving aspects of this initiative, and we have ambitious plans for the future. For our team, we are hiring a passionate and experienced:
Social Media + Digital Content Creator (f/m/x)
We are looking for a Content Creator to write and publish pieces for various digital channels, including websites and blogs, with a special focus on shareables and social media posts.
Responsibilities include producing marketing copy to advertise our activities and content, writing blog posts about related topics and promoting our content on social media. You should have experience with digital publishing and generating traffic and leads. Please share samples of your work (portfolio or links to published articles) along with your application.
We are looking for someone…
- with a sense of branding and who knows how to keep a consistent tone of voice
- who has creative ideas for translating complex matters into compelling content
- who has the ability to write for multiple channels
- understanding politics and the unique challenges that arise in this field
- promoting content on socials and monitor engagement (e.g. comments, shares)
- experienced with Photoshop, Premiere Pro/DaVinci Resolve, InDesign and Canva
- to prepare well-structured drafts using digital publishing platforms
- conducting keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimise content
- Identifying audiences needs and recommend new topics
- Measuring web traffic to content (e.g. conversion and bounce rates)
- Co-developing and implementing content marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and engagement with audience
- Manage the day-to-day business on all social media channels and implement social media campaigns
- Produce videos, infographics, slideshows, or other digital media formats to engage with our audience of political professionals and engaged citizens in new ways
- Create and manage digital advertising campaigns in collaboration with other team members to achieve specific goals, such as increasing website traffic
- Keep the website up-to-date and optimise content for specific target audiences
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles and SM campaigns
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress), SEO tools, image and video editing software, Social Media platforms and tools (ad managers, Sprout Social etc.)
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Get the chance to travel internationally and capture our events
- Hybrid work schedule, and a supportive team of people passionate about democracy
- Flexible work hours: from part-time (20h/week) to full-time (38,5h/week)
- Place of work: Vienna-based with the chance to travel
We benchmarked an annual gross salary range of EUR 40,000 for this role. If our advertised salary doesn’t match your current expectations, just let us know and we’re open to discussing it further.
We are an equitable opportunity employer. We believe that having in-house employees from a diverse range of backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission of making political innovation accessible for all. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of background. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified persons, in particular people of colour, refugees, women, non-binary persons, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities, and other members of underrepresented and marginalised groups.
Please send your application, including your CV, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until May 31, 2023. We are looking forward to your application!