Although public transport poses risks for contact infection, urban public transport needs to continue in times of crisis. To ensure that the local traffic infrastructure can continue its services, while at the same time protecting its staff and passengers from infection, measures were taken by the municipal public transport company in the Austrian city of Graz.
To mitigate the risk of infection and give room for the advised social distancing the following measures are taken:
- In-Person ticket sales and information centers are closed.
- Online ticket purchasing options are communicated (App, Webshop)
- Ticket inspections are currently suspended.
- Doors next to the drivers remain closed at all times.
- Door Openers: All doors are opened automatically, so that passengers don’t have to get in contact with surfaces.
- Increased cleaning of all vehicles.
This initiative has been brought forward by the communal local public transport of the City of Graz. For more information click here.